When you setup a Portal, it is important that you offer your clients a great onboarding experience. These are our tips:
Offer clients an experience that looks familiar
When clients sign up for your portal, it is important to offer them an experience that feels familiar and secure. Here are out tips to do that:
- Connect a custom domain
A custom domain will immediately portray safety because there is a high chance that your clients are already familiar with your website.
- Customize your portal
It only takes about 5 minutes to customize your logo, icon, color scheme, and login image. Once those changes are made, your brand language is consistent across your products.
- Setup a welcome message
If you have the Messaging module enabled, new clients will receive a welcome message the first time they log in. You can customize this message in your settings. It is important that you do that - the welcome messages is a great place to tell clients how you want them to use the product.
- Turn off the modules you don't need
In your settings, you can turn off the modules you don't need. This will make the user experience simpler for your team and your clients. And you can turn modules on anytime in the future.
Making all clients Active
Your goal should be to make all your clients Active. Active means that the clients has fully set up their account. To do that, here are some best practices:
- Before inviting your clients, tell them what you are going to in advance, so that the email invitation they get doesn't come as a surprise.
- Make sure all your clients have been invited. Invited clients receive an email invitation prompting them to finish setting up their account. You can either invite a client at the time you create them (just make sure the "Send email invite" checkbox is checked) or you can invite them at a later date by clicking on the action button and then "Send invite".
- If the client hasn't accepted their email invitation in a few days, you can click on the actions button and click on "Resend email invite". You can repeat this process as many times as you like, but we recommend to do it no more than 2 or 3 times. If the first invite wasn't accepted you may also consider reaching out the client directly and walking them through the process
- If these steps haven't worked, you can also try a more hands-on approach. Click on the actions button for the client and select "Copy invite link". You can now paste this link into an email or SMS that you personalize yourself.